Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The ABC of a Prayer

Poetry does stir the mind. I have always tried to write something that can modify the feelings of the reader as well as the inquisitiveness of his questioning faculties. The below write-up doesn't attempt any of that. It is just a plain portrayal of my relationship with the Lord.
 
This is the ABC of a Prayer.
 

Ask

O Abba!
The love within all righteous,
Partake in the revival of the spirit in me,
Keep strong this mind and feeble heart,
Amidst the vicious..
Mercy mercy.. on my iniquities..

O Abba!
The Friend for all sinners,
Before I reach my resting grave,
Turn my path to thy home,
Help me brave the narrow road..
Mercy mercy.. lest I rest before..

O Abba!
The light over all darkness,
Be for me,
Be the stone I stand on,
Be sure to hold my hand..
Mercy mercy.. lest I still fall..

O Abba!
The lover of my soul,
Keep my ignorance at bay,
When I'm for thee, 
Help me be for thee..
Mercy mercy.. lest I hold back any of me..

O Abba!
The Creator of humans,
Let not weak feelings of mine interfere,
Thy hand that stretches to salve this soul,
As I crawl toward thee..
Mercy mercy... lest I dare push thee away from me ..

O Abba!
The provider of hope and the answer to faith,
When I suffocate with temptation,
Bring me a breath of fresh air,
Sweep away the deceit from me..
Mercy mercy... lest I disgrace myself..

O Abba!
The only source of peace and happiness,
Help me stay longer as calm and comforting,
Strong enough to not be swayed,
Away by the wisdom of the world..
Mercy mercy... lest I allow it to reign..

Believe

Like a lily of the field,
I shall be clothed by Thy grace,
Reflect Thy greatness,
And display to the world the splendor, through me..

Like a nail on the wall,
I shall be sturdy and deep rooted,
Hang a picture of Thy face..
And let it shine to the ones that see..
 
Claim

The brightness in my heart has risen,
Amidst the gray clouds,
Rises through the shadows,
I see the love of thy light shine,
A light that has grown to stay for a lifetime..

I stand with the sun,
Firm in footing, strong in posture,
The warmth and truth cleansing me,
The wisdom of the world flaming,
Reminding me the truth that is enough for a lifetime..

I fear not when I see the uprising,
For the sun is brighter than any morning star,
In the end it'll only be as it was before time,
The chorus of the angels,
Resting with the souls that await through ages holding on to the promise of a lifetime..
 
-Jeswyn m.

PS: The images are properties of their rightful owners. There has been no intention of flaunting copyright norms.

No comments:

Post a Comment