Monday, July 18, 2011

At The Edge Of That Lake

We left our taxi waiting,
We passed the gates to a road,
Which led to the edge of a lake,
Trees by the side,
Some islands in the corner of the eye,
Unraked leaves fluttering by the aisle,
We stood at the edge for a while. . . . .

"Close ur eyes."


Huh? What? Why?

"Hey, just do as I say Okay?"

OKAY! I get it! Dont pounce on me now!

The moment the wind became a breeze, she began. . . . .

"Close ur eyes",
N a smile rolled off my cheeks,
"Borrow deep breaths from the skies",
N I look at her, lost in her charm as she speaks,
"Calm ur senses",
N I follow her word as it seeps,
"Feel the heart pump the blood it cleanses,
Empty ur cup,
Let ur thoughts run free from the fences,
Loose urself from the clutches of care,
Stand still n just feel the gush of air. . . . ."

She paused her tongue. . . . .

Nature started swaying in the rhythm she set. . . . .

"Listen to the birds in the sky",
N I woke my hearing to the birds-miles-away's sweet chirping cry,
"Lend ur ears to the shouts in the air",
I heard 'Cricket' as the ball flys by,
"Hear the cheering of the trees standing by",
N I narrowed the sounds to the leaves flying low n high. . . . .

She broke her flow into silence,
I was lost in between worlds without balance,
Beautiful beyond description of words. . . . .

I realised something by then. . . . .

She was one with the elements. . . . .

The wind stopped blowing,
The blue land wasn't flowing,
I wasn't able to hear the chirping,
N neither could I feel the leaves flying. . . . .

I felt her grace rushing through my veins,
I was not myself. . . . .

"Open ur eyes", she commanded,
N my blind eyes saw a bright light fading away,
N a wind of emotion took me higher. . . . .

She whispered,

"U know, there is so much beauty in this world, that its impossible for us to take it all in. . . . ."
I was speechless. . . . .
I looked at her and she smiled,

HOW COULD A GIRL HAVE SUCH A. . . . .?!

Before I could end my thought. . . . .

She smiled. . . . .

N the wind spread its wings n started to fly,
The leaves began to make sweet sounds of harmony,
The ripples in the water freed the clouded sky,

N the flock of birds sharing,
the flight of the wind,
the open space in sky,
their reflection in the water,
flew over us. . . . .to a new light. . . . .

                       




- Jeswyn m.

No comments:

Post a Comment