Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Last Leaf

An ink which resembles man's hope
__________________________

Monsoon is over,
Fall is almost near,
I lay here wrapped in my blanket cover,
Waiting 4 the heartbeats to fade. . . . .

I see a tree by my window pane,
Almost ready to wake to the autumn call,

Leaves on it hustle,
As I see them cease to the wind.......



My eyes seal the eagerness behind the eyelid wall
My heart decides to wither away with the last leaf fall. . . . .

Fall came,
Days of change came,

Withering with time,
was the reflection of leaves in my eye,
Withering the flame,
the reason that kept me alive. . . . .

Days passed into week,
Watching these leaves drift down through the breeze,
Each of them floating away,
Taking with each a part of my will. . . . .

Week became weeks,
Leaves became leaf,
Heart was willing to let go from the crawl,
I was waiting just 4 the last leaf fall. . . . .


The night came to show me a last dawn,
Whispered, 'fall asleep with roses in ur hand'
My heart knew it was time to sink in the lawn. . . . .

Sleep held me. . . . .Drove me into the night. . . . .


Morning broke into my eyes,
My sight searched for my sign. . . . .


Saw the tree



I saw. . . . .

i saw. . . . .



Saw the last leaf alive!!




Rolled out of bed,
Down on my knees,

Disgusted with the foolishness I drowned myself in,
Overflowing with emptiness. . . . .

Last leaf!!    . . . . .U didn't let go. . . . .

U kept me alive. . . . .

I got up on my week knees

"I'll live". . . . .said hope taking my side.......


"I'll die another day". . . . .whispered 'will' fading into my sight........

- Jeswyn m.

2 comments: